Our client, based near Cambridge, is looking for an experienced individual to lead their Business Operations team.
The Business Operations Director will ensure that our client provides an effective, compliant, safe, and inspiring work environment which will underpin the efficient delivery of services and business. The Business Operations Director will work together with colleagues across the business and will play a key role in shaping the infrastructure that will support future business development. Working in partnership with fellow directors, the Business Operations Director will have a passion for operational excellence and efficiency, and will use their in-depth knowledge of professional services to further develop the business’ systems, processes and infrastructure. The Business Operations Director will report to the CEO and will be a member of the senior leadership team. They will be invited to attend statutory board meetings and will actively participate in a range of other management forums and activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountability for the leadership, strategic development and operational management of our client’s Business Operations teams
- Working in partnership with colleagues to ensure a strong sense of common vision, purpose and collaboration; driving improvements to deliver excellence and improved efficiency
- Line management and supporting the further development of the team
- Helping the Business Operations teams to set their priorities and keep the busy agenda realistic, appropriately resourced and focused on high value activities
- Active participation in senior leadership team forums
- Building Business Operations capabilities and services to help sustain our client’s ability to compete successfully in their chosen markets and attract top talent
- Collaborating with colleagues in the consulting and commercial operations, to understand their needs and to prioritise work accordingly
- Promoting and assessing compliance with policies, systems and processes
- Budget planning, control and reporting in relevant areas
- Formal monthly reporting and presentations to staff.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience of managing business and people performance to deliver success in line with strategy, values and culture
- A very broad range of operational leadership skills, experience and track record in a professional services organisation
- Practical experience or at least a good working knowledge of information systems and security, change management, EHS, QA and Facilities
- Excellent qualifications, skills and track record in a relevant area
- Experience of working in a business that provides services to regulated markets
- Financially astute; able to interpret and communicate complex information to support business planning
- A significant and successful track record in the leadership and development of business services and infrastructure
- A skilled project manager who has successfully delivered major projects
- Line management, including recruiting, performance management, nurturing talent, coaching and managing wellbeing
- Respectful of, and acknowledges, other’s opinions and contributions; behaving with integrity.
This position is executive level and the director will manage their own time. Flexible working arrangements, and both full and part-time applicants will be considered. The role has broad accountability and is expected to require a minimum of 4 days per week, or the equivalent time. Due to the rural location, having your own transport would be beneficial.