Contracts Manager (Temp and Perm)
Competitive salary - Cambridge (South), Cambridgeshire - Full Time, Permanent, Temporary
Our client, based near Cambridge, is looking for a Contracts Manager to join their commercial team. There is an opportunity for this role to be either permanent or temporary.
Our client has a large and growing international client base that includes some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical and MedTech companies. For each client they have to negotiate and comply with bespoke framework agreements for the supply of services. You will join the Contracts team, reporting to the Head of Contracts. You will work closely with your colleagues from across the business and where required with their external legal counsel.
Duties & Responsibilities
In this challenging and stimulating role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Leading and supporting new contract drafting and negotiations, including but not limited to:
- Master Service Agreements
- Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs/NDAs)
- Supplier Framework Agreements
- Intellectual Property Agreements and other types of agreements
It is essential that candidates have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to degree level
- Legal qualification
- Experience of negotiating and managing contracts in a service organisation
- Sound understanding of contract law
- Awareness and knowledge of IR35 legislation
- Good understanding of GDPR principles
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial risk
- Good organisational skills to manage and maintain documentations; and to co-ordinate efforts both inside and outside of the company
- Previous in-house experience
- Experience of managing contracts in a technology consulting organisation
- Experience of working in a business that develops products
- Experience of the pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- Knowledge of employment law
- Good negotiator
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to make and influence decisions both with the company and other contracting parties
- Excellent attention to detail.
Due to the rural location, candidates would need to have their own transport.
Please use this form to apply.