Contracts Officer (Temp and Perm)
Competitive salary - Cambridge (South), Cambridgeshire - Full Time, Permanent, Temporary
Our client, based near Cambridge, is looking for a Contracts Officer. There is an opportunity for this role to be either permanent or temporary.
Our client has a large and growing international client base that includes some of the world’s largest and most exciting pharmaceutical and medical technology companies. The Contracts Officer will work closely with these clients as well as with our client’s valued suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting and leading new contract negotiations. Aided by the Head of Contracts, you will interact with external legal counsel and colleagues, escalating to the Commercial Director as appropriate.
- Overseeing and administering the contracts pipeline, including: Framework agreements; Sales contracts for the supply of services; Non-disclosure agreements; IP agreements; Supplier Agreements
- Advising and supporting colleagues on the contractual aspects of new proposals and projects
- Advising management and colleagues on commercial and legal risk
- Ensuring that colleagues understand and follow procedures set out in (for example) consulting framework agreements.
It is essential that candidates have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to degree level
- Previous experience of drafting and negotiating contracts in a service organisation
- Robust understanding of contract law
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Good understanding of commercial risk
- Excellent organisational skills to manage and maintain documentation
- Proficient user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Decision making and influencing skills
- Negotiating skills
It is desirable for candidates to have the following skills/experience:
- Legal qualification
- Previous in-house experience
- Experience of drafting and negotiating contracts in a technology consulting organisation
- Experience of working in a business that develops products
- Experience of the pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
Due to the rural location, candidates will need to have their own transport.
Please use this form to apply.