Competitive salary - Cambridge (North), Cambridgeshire - Full Time, Permanent
Our client, a leading company in the development of display technology based in North Cambridge, is looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
This role will work closely with the Financial Controller, and will assist with the management of the financial accounting processes and reporting, the payroll, pensions accounting systems forecasting and budgeting cycles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial Month End Reporting
- Completion of month end reporting process
- Completion of our client’s parent company’s, monthly and quarterly accounting packages
- Assist with the completion of statutory financial reporting requirements
- Review of VAT return
- Preparation of Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC) claims.
- Management of Budgets and Forecasts
- Assist with the preparation of annual company and department budgets.
- Maintain budgets in the accounting system.
- Payroll and Pension Processes
- Process payroll and pensions
- Process year end payroll data
- Preparation of P11Ds
- Facilitate the financial elements of employee benefit schemes.
- Management and Improvement of Accounting Systems and Policies
- Facilitate finance policies and provide training
- Responsible for implementing finance system changes and upgrades
- General and ad-hoc support of the Finance and Purchasing teams to complete collective goals.
- Provide ongoing support to the Accounts Assistant, and to the Purchasing Co-ordinators in the Purchasing Team.
To be suitable for this role, candidates must:
- Be educated to degree level with an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Have strong experience working within a finance department, preferably experience of working in an Accountant level role
- Have demonstrable experience of real competency in double entry bookkeeping and accounting principles, achieved either by relevant experience or via fully qualified AAT or part or full CIMA/ACCA/ACA professional qualification
- Have detailed knowledge and extensive experience of IFRS
- Excellent IT skills, in particular, advanced competency in MS Excel and application to accounting systems
- Have a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written presentations
- Have experience of working in a R&D organisation.
Please use this form to apply.