Our client, based near Cambridge, is looking for an Innovation and Strategy Consultant to join their Front End Innovation (FEI) team.
There is frequent travel both within the UK and overseas with this role. You will need to be an enthusiastic team player, who is keen to hone and develop your skills working alongside our client’s innovation specialists in the following areas:
- Workshop planning, preparation and facilitation
- Interviewing consumers, professionals and key opinion leaders
- Researching markets and trends
- Technology scouting, landscaping and assessment
- Business development, marketing support and proposal writing
- Project Co-ordination
Experience in the above areas would be beneficial to the role; in addition, coaching will be provided to help develop your skills across all areas. The role is interesting and varied and you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects; learning from an experienced team of innovation specialists in a company with extensive technical knowledge and healthcare sector experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the FEI team, you will utilise your consulting experience, technical knowledge, research, and analysis skills through activities such as:
- Technology Landscaping – Secondary research to map, scout, and assess enabling technologies and devices. You will help define requirements, profile and assess technologies, and make recommendations for technologies to meet clients’ needs.
- Competitor/Commercial Analysis – Secondary research into the commercial and competitor landscape.
- Market Insights Research – Identifying, profiling and engaging Key Opinion Leaders; Co-ordinating and participating in exploratory research; Analysis and reporting of findings.
- Coordination of Project Activities – including client liaison, supplier management, budget management, project logistics and administration.
- Business Development Support – Supporting through contributions to marketing proposals, project costing and planning.
- Workshop Support – Support with setting up and preparing content for remote and face-to-face workshops.
For this role, it is essential that candidates have the following skills and expertise:
- 2:1 or Higher Degree, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant technical subject e.g. STEM, Design.
- Previous experience in a medical/life-science focused analyst, insight research, or technical role.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of the medical device industry
- Experience in a client facing consulting role
- Project co-ordination experience
- Foreign language skills