£23,000 - £28,000 - Cambourne, Cambridgeshire - Full Time, Permanent
Our client, a technology company based in Cambourne, is looking for a Trainee Accountant to join their Finance department.
The main aspects of the role will include ensuring that expense claims are paid in accordance with the travel policy, and managing the 160 company cars (ensuring compliance with the company car policy). Assisting the Head of Finance, the role also covers company report filing, sales lists, VAT, imports, and compliance administration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the company car fleet.
- Administration of the company car policy, driver checks, car insurance and fuel reporting.
- Recording the P11d information for company cars and authorising lease invoices.
- IFRS 16 lease control.
- HMRC reporting and compliance including; Intrastat dispatches and arrivals, EC sales list, VAT, corporation tax payments, risk register.
- Import and export recording.
- Finance department time keeping system administration.
- Supervision of the expenses process, expenses are processed via Concur; includes the administration of prepaid credit cards.
- Cost variance analysis.
- Supporting the tasks of the other trainee accountant (examples not limited to; accounts payable and general ledger).
- Assist with the tenders process for unusual finance related questions.
- Fixed assets register management.
- National statistics returns.
- Management of finance process documentation, i.e. signatory limits.
- Petty cash control and journal preparation.
- Assist with external audits.
- AR team support i.e. direct debits process.
Candidates will receive full study support for ongoing qualifications. Experience with MS Access and previous experience working with a car fleet is desirable but is not essential. This is a fast paced and varied role and the ideal candidate will need strong administration and time management skills.
Please use this form to apply.